MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER at Uutechnic Oy in Uusikaupunki, Finland
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team and strengthen product management capabilities in Uutechnic Mixing Business area. We are providing exciting opportunity to develop state of the art products for our customers around the world. We are committed to providing high quality products, expert support, and fast availability of services in the most environmentally sound way possible.
As Design Engineer, you will:
- Be a member of the Engineering department.
- Participate in developing the design, performance, calculations and quality of our mixer products.
- Verify product compliance against directives and standards.
- Participate in producing and managing product master data and documentation.
- Transform and visualize product data information into useful BOM, illustrations, and spare part lists.
- Support product master data management initiatives, such as maintaining product structures and data accross product lifecycle.
- Drive the efforts within the scope of item data cleanup project.
- Develop training plans, training materials and coordinate training activities related to governance and product master data processes.
- Participate in delivery project engineering design work and documentation.
- Provide support to sales, and contribution to technical reviews and project pre-studies (customer focused approach).
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- To have a technical education, preferably M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering.
- To have 3-5 years of experience in relevant field, such as developing and designing products.
- To have good use of CAD (2D & 3D) and PDM tools, preferably SolidWorks / Creo / AutoCAD.
- To have understanding of strength calculations. Bonus FEM/FEA.
- To have understanding of PLM/PDM and ERP systems.
- To have understanding of directives and standards in industrial/manufacturing products.
- To have project oriented working methods and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- To be comfortable in collaborating across cultures and organizational areas.
- To be self-motivated, pro-active, and a good team player.
- To have written and oral communication skills in Finnish and English (German and other major languages an advantage).
- To be flexible to travel.
Submit your application, titled “Mechanical Design Engineer, Uutechnic Oy”, with salary request and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.