AP-Tela Oy roll plant manufactures rolls and other large, axially symmetrical parts for, among others, the paper, energy, and crane industries.
The majority of the roll plant production is for paper and board machines, such as:
- Paper and wire guide rolls
- Tube rolls
- Reel spools
- Reel and winder drum
- Breast rolls
- Drying cylinders
- Press rolls
The roll pipes are machined on the inside, and the rolls are dynamically balanced, provided with bearings and are ready for installation. AP-Tela is using inside turning machine for the pipe dimensions of Ø 320-1500 mm, L=11.000 mm.
AP-Tela is also producing rolls and roll-shaped pieces for the following industry:
- Energy: crushing rolls and rotors
- Cranes: lifting rolls
- Mining: heavy-duty stretch rolls and pulleys
High manufacturing quality is exemplified by drying cylinders with welded steel shells, made in accordance with the European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED). More information in here.
Roll manufacturing dimensions
- Maximum diameter: 2,000 mm; maximum turning span: 15 m; maximum weight: 40 metric tons
- Dynamic balancing: 2,500 m/min; balancing class: Q = 1–2.5